NATIONAL CERTIFICATES: N4-N6 Electrical Engineering
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- To enter N4 – N3 Certificate or equivalent qualification
- To enter N5 – N4 Certificate or equivalent qualification
- To enter N6 – N5 Certificate or equivalent qualification
You must have passed the following subjects at school.
- Electrical Technology/Electrician’s Work
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 12 weeks per certificate full-time
- 2 years practical experience within industry in the Electrical Engineering field to apply for National N-Diploma
- Enrolment in January, May or September
- Part-time options are available
Where can I study this course?
Mr Stanley Cupido (Programme Manager)
(T) : (021) 531 2105/6/7
(E) : firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I be studying during this course?
- The National N-Diploma consists of a 1 year theoretical component (N4 - N6) as well as an industrial practical component of 2 years.
- 12 subjects from N4 – N6 make up the theoretical component
- Communication Electronics (Light Current) (only available through the Distance Learning option)
- Digital Electronics
- Electrotechnics (Heavy Current)
- Industrial Electronics
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
- You will obtain an N6 Certificate: Engineering Studies.
- In the electrical industry or any other industry or organisation that requires the qualification, knowledge and skills obtained by studying towards the N6 Certificate: Engineering Studies.
- Once you have obtained your N6 Certificate, you will be equipped to work at any organisation within the industry that requires your qualifications. You will be able to work towards promotion within your career by working within your field of study and gaining experience within the industry. As with any other career, you would need to work very hard to prove your skills and abilities, be dedicated and be prepared to continue learning throughout your career. Achieving the necessary entry requirements at academic level upon completion of your National N6 Certificate will enable you to continue studying at an institution of Higher Education, such as a University of Technology or a University.