NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: FURNITURE-MAKING WOOD LEVEL 3 - UPHOLSTERY
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Furniture-making: Wood Level 2, or Grade 12
- 17 years or older
- Students will be required to complete a one-day practical aptitude test
- Write a letter of motivation, and construct a
- Miniature sculpture.
- An individual interview process will be conducted prior to acceptance.
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 1 year full-time
- Enrolment in January (Part-time - Not available)
What will I be studying during this course?
- Theory of Upholstery and Restoration of Furniture
- Engineering Drawing II
- Upholstery Practical II
- English Communication
- Mathematical Literacy
- Computer Literacy
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
On completion of this course, the student will be able to work as a semi-skilled upholsterer and furniture maker/cabinet maker.
- Furniture industry
After completing this course, you can continue studying furniture design courses at private institutions that specialise in furniture or interior design. You could also investigate studying towards a qualification in management, import/export and quality assurance to assist you in furthering your career in the furniture industry at large.