NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N4-N6: Hospitality & Catering Services
This course is designed to focus on 3 disciplines in the Hospitality field i.e. Professional Cookery, Accommodation & House Keeping, and Food & Beverage Management. The College of Cape Town’s Hospitality Department prides itself in offering Hospitality students the opportunity to refine, re-design and perfect their cooking and management skills in this dynamic, growing industry. The qualification places equal emphasis on academic, practical and integrated learning experience of the student. The qualification is aimed at individuals who are passionate about serving people and who have what it takes for this demanding industry.
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Grade 12
- The ability to communicate effectively in English
- Prospective students will be required to undergo a placement assessment to assess suitability prior to acceptance.
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 18 months full-time, each level (N4-N6) takes 6 months
- 18 months’ industry experience required to apply for N-Diploma
- Enrolment in January and July
Where can I study this course?
NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N4-N6: Hospitality & Catering Services is only available at:
Ms MELANIE ANTHONY (Programme Manager)
(T) : (021) 462 2053
(E) : firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I be studying during this course?
- Catering Theory and Practical N4
- Nutrition and Menu Planning N4
- Applied Management N4
- Sanitation and Safety N4
- Catering Theory and Practical N5
- Food and Beverage Service N5
- Applied Management N5
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Catering Theory and Practical N6
- Communication and Human Relations N6
- Applied Management N6
- Computer Practice N4
- Industry-related demonstrations and workshops
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
- Hotel, Restaurant and Guesthouse Management
- Food and Beverage Service
- Function Catering
- Test Kitchens
- Tasting Room Facilitators
- Commis Chef/Chef de Partie
- Conference and Banqueting
- Upon successful completion of this course, students can further enhance their skills by completing skills courses that would enable them to specialise in the various sectors of the industry. Once you have completed an 18-month period of work in the industry, the National N-Diploma in Hospitality and Catering is awarded by the Department of Higher Education and Training.