PRACTICAL SKILLS COURSES
Practical skills courses are best suited to those individuals in the trade who wish to further their knowledge in their field of work. Students from school who are not placed in an apprenticeship (with Mathematics and Science at Grade 12 level) can also complete the CBMT Apprenticeship Training course to further improve their chances of being employed and get them workshop-ready for the apprentice training.
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Grade 12
- Grade 11 with Maths & Science
You must have passed the following subjects at school:
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- Each Phase or Level will take 10 – 11 weeks
- Modules or Special Courses: 1 - 6 weeks
- Enrolment in January, May and September.
Where can I study this course?
DIESEL FITTER, MOTOR MECHANICS and AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIAN is available at:
Mr. Reuben Mokotedi (Senior Lecturer) (Athlone Campus)
(T) : (021) 021 637 9183
(E) : email@example.com
What courses are available?
- Automotive Electrician – CBMT Training (Level 1-4)
- Machining (Phase 1-4)
- Diesel Fitter
- Motor Mechanics – CBMT Training (Level 1-4)
- Fitting (Phase 1-4)
- Welding (Phase1-4)
- Fitting & Turning (Phase 1-4)
- Basic CNC Programming
- Gas, Arc, Mig, and TIG Welding
- General Hand Skills
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Motor Vehicle Servicing
- Pump and Motor Alignment
- Turning and Milling
- Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing
- Auto Electrician
- Fitting and Turning
- Motor Mechanic
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
- On the successful completion of the courses you may seek employment opportunities in learnerships, apprenticeships, skilled or semi-skilled work in your field of training.
- After the minimum years of relevant experience you may apply to do a trade test to become a fully qualified artisan.
- Aerospace industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Mining industry
- Packaging industry
- Motor vehicle maintenance and manufacturing
- Petrol and chemical industry
- Printing industry
Skills courses may also be customised by combining modules or unit standards to suit the specific needs of the client.