NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: Hairdressing Level 2 - 3
FURTHER EDUCATION & TRAINING CERTIFICATE: Hairdressing Level 4
The Hairdressing Level 2 qualification allows access to students after grade 9 and/or Post-matric. Young and/or mature students will have the opportunity to follow a career in Hairdressing at a Technical and Vocational Educational and Training (TVET) College instead of following the formal school learning path for pre-matric study. The primary purpose of the qualification is to empower students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values required to succeed in the hairdressing industry. These qualifications lays the foundation for lifelong learning as well as creating the opportunity for further education. The three year qualification in Hairdressing offered by the College of Cape Town meets the National Qualifications Framework criteria and standards in terms of duration and structured work placement.
The structured work placement component is very successfully implemented thereby ensuring that students have relevant industry exposure during their studies. This ensures that students are equipped with all the relevant theoretical, practical and reflexive skills and competencies that make them marketable for employment or self-employment. These qualifications aim to simultaneously build the cognitive ability and provides the required fundamental learning, necessary to access related studies at further education level. After successfully completing the three year qualification and required industry hours the students will have access into the Hairdressing Trade Test, which is the highest National Qualification for Hairdressing in South Africa.
What do I need to have completed before I can apply to study this course?
- Students must meet the personality profile of a Prospective Hairdressing Candidate.
- Students must be physically fit.
- Students must have a placement salon to complete workplace training.
- Students attend college from Monday to Friday, but go to the workplace for practical training on the respective salon placement days.
- CV must be submitted with your application
- Project will be given to the applicant to complete prior to interviews.
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
- 3 Years full-time – 1 year per level
- Enrolment in January
- (Part-time - Available)
- All sections of the full-time course are also available on a part-time basis through an apprentice model.
- Part-time studies are available for students employed full-time at a salon on an apprentice contract.
- Afrikaans Communication Classes offered on a Wednesday Morning.
Where can I study this course?
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: HAIRDRESSING LEVEL 2 - 3 is only available at:
Ms Anel Detering (Education Specialist)
(T) : (021) 797 5504
(E) : email@example.com
What will I be studying during this course?
- Salon Support Services
- Salon Administration
- Hairdressing Communication
- Mathematical Literacy
- English Communication
- First Aid
- Health and Safety
- Computer Practice
- Basic Hair Cutting Techniques
- Salon Practice – College Simulator
- In-service Training in Industry
CAREER OPTIONS & GENERAL FAQ's
- Basic and Advanced Hair Therapy Services
- Hair Styling
- Hair Cutting
- Salon Administration
- Hair Colouring
- Sales and Marketing
- Professional Customer Care
- Salon Reception Duties
- Salon Support
- Salon Management